Skulls Unlimited and Museum of Osteology Retail Gift Shop Associate -
Oklahoma City, OK $20,800+ per year
Love science (especially osteology, the study of bones)? How about teaching others? Establishing and achieving sales goals? Want a really cool and rewarding career that gives you the opportunity to do all of these things?! If so, consider a career as the Retail Gift Shop Associate of America’s only osteological museum and gift shop!
Skulls Unlimited is an osteological supply company (providing real and replica animal skulls and skeletons) serving the educational, medical and consumer industry. SKELETONS, The Museum of Osteology, provides quality educational opportunities and allows school groups and the public to explore the form and function of the skeletal system.
From comparative anatomy, to classification, adaptation, and locomotion, SKELETONS has been designed with learning in mind. Currently displaying over 300 skeletons from all corners of the world, visitors have a unique opportunity to compare and contrast many rare species normally not seen in museum exhibits. In addition, the museum features a variety of North American specimens ranging from tiny mice and shrew skeletons to a 40-foot humpback whale. Skulls Unlimited opened the nation's first Skeleton Museum in 2010 alongside the unique one-of-a-kind gift shop.
Our Employees (affectionately known as “The Skeleton Crew”) enjoy:
- Commensurate pay and benefits including 50% Medical Insurance costs covered, 401K contributions, earned vacation and sick leave in addition to other benefits.
- A working environment rich in dedicated colleagues and a team of organizational leaders focused on ensuring you have the tools necessary to succeed.
- A workplace culture guided by our Core Values of Education, Service and Family.
Can you say a definite YES to the following questions? If so, please apply!
- Are you at least eighteen years old and eligible to work in the USA?
- Do you possess a high school diploma (some college preferred)?
- Are you renowned for being highly reliable?
- Will your references attest that you are an impressively effective communicator in all situations?
- Are you willing to work 40 hours per week (includes some weekend hours)?
- Are you willing to submit to a drug test and able to pass all background checks?
- Do you like having fun!? (Check out TripAdvisor to read about all of the fun our guests have!)
Additional information about this rewarding career:
- Welcome guests to the museum while ensuring their experience is memorable.
- Operate registers to accurately complete all sales transactions including admission to the museum and purchases made in our one-of-a-kind gift shop!
- Assist with stocking and maintaining the merchandise displayed in a manner that is engaging to the customer, encourages retail sales, and ensures that all product information is accurate.
- Assist with the completion of all opening and closing checklists correctly and consistently.
- Ensure each item in the store displays an accurate price tag, and is labeled with proper signage when necessary.
- Assist with any required banking procedures. This includes balancing the cash register and preparing deposits on a daily basis.
- The Sales Associate is responsible for keeping the museum and restrooms in clean and working order. This includes cleaning all display glass in the museum each day, as well as executing required opening and closing checklists daily to ensure consistent completion and cleanliness.
If this is you or someone you know, contact us immediately…without hesitation! All those who meet our short list of seven requirements listed above are guaranteed to receive a phone call, email or both!