Now Hiring! Sales and Marketing Manager of Skulls Unlimited International, Inc.
Love science (especially osteology, the study of bones)? Have you been successful in sales and marketing? Want a really cool and rewarding career that gives you the opportunity to be a vital, team leader?
As the Sales and Marketing Manager of Skulls Unlimited, you’ll educate the world while being a valued member of a team of dedicated colleagues, all of whom are known as the ‘Skeleton Crew.’ You’ll be recognized, and rewarded, for your performance. Make ‘no bones about it’ (pun definitely intended!), with dedicated owners, and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make your career at Skulls Unlimited, the most rewarding profession of your life.
Join The ‘Skeleton Crew’ because…
- For over 30 years, Skulls Unlimited has forged its way as the global leader of osteological materials, both real, natural bone, and replica. As a family-owned endeavor, we are proud of the purpose our products serve to provide education and generate an interest in science for students.
- Nearly 70% of Skulls Unlimited’s consumers are businesses in the education community including school districts, educational supply houses, veterinarian hospitals, universities and museums. Our work is necessary and important in the education and continuing research of a wide range of sciences related to biology.
As a vital manager, and member of the Skeleton Crew, your main accountabilities are to:
- Engage in business development, strategic marketing and sales projects, campaigns, and budgets and be responsible for their positive performance.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, social media and direct mail and analyze the relevant data to continue to improve sales performance.
- Train, manage and engage a staff of two, growing to five, with your efforts.
- Use your proven relationship development skills to educate, sell and support the needs of sophisticated, knowledgeable buyers and customers. These markets include medical, veterinary, schools districts, museums, and research universities.
- Represent Skulls Unlimited and promote our products with poise and professionalism at approximately eight major trade conferences and conventions each year. These conferences include: National Science Teachers Association, American Veterinary Medical Association, Association of Zoos and Aquariums, Society for Vertebrate Paleontology, Zoological Association of America and The National Association of Biology Teachers and The National Science Teachers Association
Can you say, ‘YES! that is me!’ to all seven of the following? Are you:
- A science enthusiast. You have a Bachelor’s degree related to marketing or physical science education, biology, human or veterinary anatomy, or health. MBA or advance scientific degree, preferred.
- Highly computer literate and data driven. You have exceptional computer skills, including Excel, Website Design, E-Commerce and Social Media platforms. You are able to analyze sales data, projections and trends and make strategic plans for sales success.
- You thrive on the excitement that marketing and selling success can bring to you, the company, and all of our customers. You have 3 years or more of successful executive-level sales experience in which you garnered exemplary results.
- You can manage, inspire, coach and mentor direct reports. You have 3 years or more as a manager of a sales team
- Professionally mature: You are highly reliable… you are always arrive promptly to work and all appointments; you always follow-up and follow through. You consistently hit deadlines. You are highly organized and self-disciplined.
- You are a role model of excellence in communication. You have compelling and influential verbal and written communication skills, with everyone! You project approachability and always seek to communicate to build trust. You are not afraid to have difficult conversations, such as when there is conflict or misunderstanding. And you resolve those with grace.
- You are at least 18 years of age, legally eligible to work in the US, can pass comprehensive background checks, and you are willing to submit to a drug screen if asked.
Initial interviews will be via phone and video conferencing. Final candidate interviews will be onsite, in person interviews. We are certainly following all CDC Guidelines to keep you, our staff and customers, safe at this time.
As a Skeleton Crew Team Member you will enjoy these, amongst other, benefits:
- Commensurate pay with commission.
- Benefits including 50% Medical Insurance costs covered, 401K contributions, earned paid vacation and sick leave in addition to other benefits.
- A working environment rich in dedicated coworkers and a team of organizational leaders focused on ensuring you have the tools necessary to succeed.
- A workplace culture guided by our Core Values of Education, Service and Family.
- Skulls Unlimited International Inc. is an EEOC Compliant Employer.
Questions? Contact Kristine Sexter, Senior Recruiter: