The African civet inhabits the savannas and forests of southern and central Africa. This species is omnivorous and primarily consumes fruit, carrion, rodents, insects, eggs, reptiles, and birds.
- One-of-a-kind real African civet skeleton
- This specimen is missing all of its distal phalanges, the medial phalanges of the right hand are missing, and the medial phalanges of the left hand are cut
- Three teeth are naturally missing and some of the other teeth exhibit signs of wear and damage
- Skull Length 15.2 cm (6 in.)
- Skull Width 7.7 cm (3 in.)
- Skull Height 6.3 cm (2.5 in.)