The alpaca is a domesticated herd species originally native to South America. Similar in appearance to its relative the llama, the alpaca is smaller and has finer wool. South American inhabitants have used this wool for thousands of years in the production of textiles. Alpacas were once thought to be descended from llamas but new DNA research shows that the vicuna is the alpaca's closest relative.
- Sold as-is; no further cleaning
- Missing some front incisors
- Missing some bottom front molars
- Skull Length 21.3cm (8.4in)
- Skull Width 11.4cm (4.5in)
- Skull Height 13cm (5.1in)