The Bat-eared Fox (Otocyon megalotis), native to the African savanna, is named for its large bat-like ears. To accommodate its largely insectivorous diet, this fox has developed some special adaptations. The teeth of this species are much smaller than teeth of other canid species and its lower jaw has a step-like protrusion called the subangular process, which allows for rapid chewing.
- The photos are examples. Your specimen may vary in size or color
- Listing is for 1 specimen
- Average Skull Length 11.4cm (4.5in)
- Average Skull Width 5.9cm (2.3in)
- Average Skull Height 5.9cm (2.3in)