The black wildebeest, also known as a gnu, is a gregarious (herd-dwelling) species found in Africa. Black wildebeests were almost completely exterminated by early white settlers, but have been reintroduced widely in private areas and nature reserves throughout Africa. Both males and female wildebeest possess horns for defense.
- One-of-a-kind real black wildebeest skull
- This specimen exhibits damage/trauma to nasal, pre-maxillary, and frontal bones
- Naturally missing and worn teeth
- Skull Length 40 cm (15.7 in.)
- Skull Width 16 cm (6.3 in.)
- Skull Height 15 cm (5.9 in.)
- Greatest Width 43 cm (16.9 in.)