The Cave nectar bat is found in primary forests and in disturbed and agricultural areas. It roosts in caves, in larger groups, with some roosts exceeding 50,000 individuals, and it sometimes roosts with other bat species. This bat species is an very important pollinator of fruit trees, such as durian. The upperparts of the Cave nectar bat are grey-brown to dark brown to black. The underparts are paler and the neck is sometimes yellowish brown. The muzzle of this bat is elongated, and particularly adapted for drinking nectar.
Product Type: Skull only
- Limited quantity item
- Size and appearance will vary slightly from picture
- This species skull measures on average 3.5 cms long.
- Average Skull Length: 3.5 cm (1.4 in)
- Average Skull Width: 2 cm (0.8 in)
- Average Skull Height: 1.5 cm (0.6 in)