The common duiker, also known as the grey duiker, is found throughout most of sub-Saharan Africa. This species, like all duikers, is a herbivorous browser that feeds on a variety of leaves, berries, and roots. Only male duikers possess horns which are used in defending territory and when sparring for mates.
- This specimen has record horns, measuring at approximately 15cm (5.8in) each
- Exhibits discoloration on left zygomatic arch
- Lower mandible not included
- Skull Length 17.3cm (6.8in)
- Skull Width 7.7cm (3in)
- Skull Height 7cm (2.8in)
- Greatest Length 29.5cm (11.6in)