The Domestic or house cat is the most common and the only domesticated member of the Felidae family. These small carnivores have long fangs and sharp claws that make them highly skilled hunters. There are an estimated 100 million cats in the western world and over 70 breeds currently recognized, with that number growing annually. All current breeds of the domestic cat are decedents of the Middle Eastern wild cat.
- One-of-a-kind real domestic cat skull
- This specimen exhibits an underbite
- Skull Length 10.2 cm (4 in.)
- Skull Width 6.8 cm (2.7 in.)
- Skull Height 4.7 cm (1.9 in.)