The boxer is a medium-sized, short-haired dog originally bred in Germany. Their coats are smooth and tight-fitting; colors are fawn or brindled, with or without white markings. Boxers are brachycephalic with a square muzzle, mandibular prognathism, very strong jaws, and a powerful bite ideal for latching onto large prey. The boxer is a member of the Working Group, a category of dogs that were bred specifically to assist humans as watchdogs.
- One-of-a-kind real boxer skull
- This specimen exhibits signs of bone disease
- Skull Length 18.7 cm (7.4 in.)
- Skull Width 11.6 cm (4.6 in.)
- Skull Height 9.8 cm (3.9 in.)