The Chihuahua is the smallest breed of dog and is named after the state of Chihuahua in Mexico. Chihuahuas exhibit varied morphology in their small size (1-12 lbs), including skull shape, coat length and coloration. Most Chihuahuas are born with a "molera," an incompletely fused cranium (called a fontanelle in humans), which presents no health problems.
- Hole in the back of the skull
- Baculum Length 5.6cm (2.5in)
- Skull Length 9.6cm (3.8in)
- Skull Width 6.2cm (2.4in)
- Skull Height 5.5cm (2.2in)