Domestic Canine Dog Skull - The domestic dog is believed to be a direct descendent from modern wolves. Dogs have been breed as pets for thousands of years with the earliest known domestication taking place as long as 12,000 years ago. Today, dogs serve man in many ways: as guides, search and rescue, for hunting purposes, to sniff out drugs or other contraband and even to track criminals. There are over 400 recognized breeds ranging from Chihuahua as the smallest example to the Irish wolfhound as the largest.
- 9 teeth total on this skull
- All teeth have been glued to skull
- Naturally missing and worn teeth
- Skull Length 11.3cm (4.4in)
- Skull Width 6.8cm (2.7in)
- Skull Height 5.8cm (2.3in)