Real Domestic Dog Skull - Periodontal
All dogs, wild and domestic, are direct descendants of wolves. Dogs have been bred as pets and companions for thousands of years with the earliest known domestication taking place over 12,000 years ago. Today, dogs serve their best friend in several ways: as guides, home security, search and rescue, for hunting purposes, and to assist police in tracking criminals. There are over 400 recognized breeds of domestic dogs ranging from the smallest, the Chihuahua, to the largest of the breeds, the Irish wolfhound.
- Several teeth are missing
- Exhibits signs of severe periodontal disease
- Skull Length 12.8 cm (5 in.)
- Skull Width 8.5 cm (3.3 in.)
- Skull Height 6.3 cm (2.5 in.)