Real Domestic Goat Skull - Juvenile with Pathology
Humans have utilized the domestic goat for over 8,000 years. Goats have been bred for their meat, milk, and wool. Currently, there are over 400 domestic breeds of goat found worldwide. Feral goat populations can be very destructive to the natural environment and will often out-compete native herbivorous species for food. Both male and female goats grow horns, but the males' are often much larger.
- One-of-a-kind real domestic goat skull
- This specimen exhibits signs of pathology on its frontal bones
- Juvenile specimen
- Skull Length 11 cm (4.3 in.)
- Skull Width 6.3 cm (2.5 in.)
- Skull Height 6.5 cm (2.6 in.)