Real Great Dane Skull
Despite the name, the majestic Great Dane was originally bred in Germany and has no real affiliation with Denmark. One of the oldest breeds, Great Danes have been around for over 400 years, once utilized by German nobility to hunt ferocious wild boar. Sometimes called the Apollo of dogs, they can reach heights of up to 32 inches at the shoulder and are taller than most people when standing on their hind legs. These gentle giants are people-pleasers and tend to love children, making excellent family pets.
- This specimen is a young adult, so some of its sutures are not completely fused
- Several of the teeth have small chips and/or thin vertical cracks down the middle
- Skull Length 23.2 cm (9.1 in.)
- Skull Width 12.5 cm (4.9 in.)
- Skull Height 12.3 cm (4.8 in.)