Real Greater Cane Rat Skull
In order to ensure product availability during the holiday season, please see our current inventory status below.For further details, please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Out of stock catalog items are still available for purchase on Backorder. We will reach out with an estimated shipping date for any out of stock items on your order.
Certain out of stock items may become available within a 1-2 week timeframe.
- SKU: JJV-2321 - In Stock
The greater cane rat is a large rodent species native to various regions of Africa. These rats are robust, with coarse brown fur and a distinctive white-spotted face. They primarily inhabit grasslands, swamps, and agricultural areas, where they feed on a diet of grasses, reeds, and various plant materials. These rats are sometimes hunted for their meat, which is considered a delicacy in some African regions. However, they are also seen as agricultural pests due to their feeding habits.
- This specimen comes from the personal collection of Skulls Unlimited's owner, Jay Villemarette
- Exhibits handwritten verbiage on both the cranium and mandible
- All teeth are present
- The left side of the mandible is damaged
- Photo is measured in inches for visual size reference
- Skull Length 8.5 cm (3.3 in.)
- Skull Width 5.4 cm (2.1 in.)
- Skull Height 5.4 cm (2.1 in.)