Known as the common or green iguana, this large lizard is native to Central and South America. Reaching a length in excess of six feet, the iguana feeds on vegetation, fruits and occasional insects and small vertebrates. The iguana is an agile climber, spending much of its time foraging high in the rainforest canopy. They are a common pet store favorite, but due to over-hunting for human consumption, they are protected in much of their natural range.
- One-of-a-kind real green iguana skeleton
- This specimen comes disarticulated
- The right foot is missing one distal phalange
- Skull Length 4.4 cm (1.7 in.)
- Skull Width 2.3 cm (0.9 in.)
- Skull Height 2.3 cm (0.9 in.)