Real Human Skeleton OK-26743
We believe education is the greatest gift osteology can share and that every human specimen can contribute to the advancement of science. These specimens are provided to us by retired physicians, medical researchers, dental professionals, and former university medical programs. We also work with accredited donor programs. A small sample - often antiques that simply do not qualify for medical/research grade usage - are made available to osteology enthusiasts worldwide so that they may continue to educate and inform.
Humans are a species of bipedal primates that have evolved to become the most intelligent and successful species on the planet. Our biology is incredibly complex and allows us to do things that no other species can. The human skeleton is made up of 206 bones that are connected together by ligaments and muscles. Our skeleton is composed of both hard and soft tissues and is constantly changing to accommodate our needs.
- This skeleton is a composite
- Missing one distal toe phalanx and one rib
- The skull contains 30 teeth
- Calvarium cut skull with a spring-held jaw
- Skull Length 21.7 cm (8.5 in.)
- Skull Width 14 cm (5.5 in.)
- Skull Height 16 cm (6.3 in.)
- Skull Circumference 49.7 cm (19.6 in.)