Humans or Homo sapiens are characterized by their bipedal locomotion, high manual dexterity, intelligence, and heavy tool use compared to other animals. Modern humans evolved from their early hominid predecessors between 200,000 and 300,000 years ago, with fossils of the earliest members of our species, archaic Homo sapiens, being found exclusively in Africa. The adult human skeletal system consists of 206 bones, including the bones in the skull, but not including teeth.
- This skull contains 7 teeth
- Naturally missing and worn teeth
- Skull Length 22cm (8.7in)
- Skull Width 14.5cm (5.7in)
- Skull Height 15.8cm (6.2in)