Real Human Skull
We believe education is the greatest gift osteology can share and that every human specimen can contribute to the advancement of science. These specimens are provided to us by retired physicians, medical researchers, dental professionals, and former university medical programs. We also work with accredited donor programs. A small sample - often antiques that simply do not qualify for medical/research grade usage - are made available to osteology enthusiasts worldwide so that they may continue to educate and inform.
Humans are characterized by their bipedal locomotion, high manual dexterity, intelligence, and heavy tool use compared to other animals. Modern humans are believed to have evolved from their early hominid predecessors between 200,000 and 300,000 years ago. Fossils of the earliest members of our species, archaic Homo sapiens, have been found exclusively in Africa. The adult human skeletal system consists of 206 bones, including the individual bones of the skull but not the teeth.
- This skull has 30 teeth
- The jaw is attached by springs and can be removed
- This specimen exhibits atypical coloration and is sold as-is without further cleaning
- Calvarium cut with a spring-held jaw
- Skull Length 23 cm (9.1 in.)
- Skull Width 13.8 cm (5.4 in.)
- Skull Height 16.6 cm (6.5 in.)