Humans are characterized by their bipedal locomotion, high manual dexterity, intelligence, and heavy tool use compared to other animals. Modern humans are believed to have evolved from their early hominid predecessors between 200,000 and 300,000 years ago. Fossils of the earliest members of our species, archaic Homo sapiens, have been found exclusively in Africa. The adult human skeletal system consists of 206 bones, including the individual bones of the skull but not the teeth.
- One-of-a-kind real human skull
- This skull contains 32 teeth
- This specimen exhibits a calvarium cut
- The mandible is not attached
- Skull Length 23.2 cm (9.1 in.)
- Skull Width 14.4 cm (5.7 in.)
- Skull Height 15.8 cm (6.2 in.)