The Alpine ibex (Capra ibex), also known as the steinbock, bouquetin, or simply ibex, is a species of wild goat that lives in the mountains of the European Alps. It is a sexually dimorphic species with larger males who carry larger, curved horns. The coat colour is typically brownish grey. Alpine ibex tend to live in steep, rough terrain near the snow line. The ibex is the emblem of both the Gran Paradiso National Park and the Vanoise National Park.
- From Owner Jay Villemarette's private collection
- Missing the front incisors
- Exhibits a cut skull consistent with a necropsy
- Full Skull Length 44.1cm (17.4in)
- Full Skull Width 14.4cm (5.7in)
- Horn Length 54cm (21.3in)