The impala is native to southeastern Africa. This herbivorous antelope grazes on a variety of grasses when available, but will switch to browsing when food becomes scarce. The impala is gregarious, forming herds of 50 to 100 individuals, but males will sometimes remain solitary. The impala is well known for its jumping ability, capable of distances up to 30 feet.
- One-of-a-kind real impala skull
- The mandible is not attached to the skull
- Skull Length 30.8 cm (12.1 in.)
- Skull Width 12.5 cm (4.9 in.)
- Skull Height 67.5 cm (26.6 in.)