Real Butterflies in Black Frame - Set of 12
Butterflies have the typical four-stage insect life cycle. Winged adults lay eggs on the food plant on which their larvae, known as caterpillars, will feed. The caterpillars grow, sometimes very rapidly, and when fully developed, pupate in a chrysalis. When metamorphosis is complete, the pupal skin splits, the adult insect climbs out, and after its wings have expanded and dried, it flies off. Butterflies get their colors from two different sources: ordinary (or pigmented) color and structural color. The ordinary color comes from normal chemical pigments that absorb certain wavelengths of light and reflect others. The structural color stems from the specific structure of the butterflies' wings and the reason why the color shifts when you look at the wing at different angles. It happens when light passes through transparent, multilayered surfaces and then reflected back to you.
Entomology is a branch of zoology focused on the identification of insects and has become an increasingly common hobby, with butterflies and dragonflies being the most popular. Whichever collection of bugs suites your fancy, these home decor and wall art pieces are sure to set any room of your home apart from the rest with a fascinating display of an appreciation of life and insects!
- Will include 12 butterflies total
- Limited quantity available
- Ready to hang
- The photo shown is an example of what your specimen will approximately look like. Each set of butterflies is unique and will vary in species, size, shape, color, etc.
- The insects are glued in-between two panes of glass
- The frame is a black gallery style frame made from wood and glass
- Frame Length 31.8 cm (12.5 in.)
- Frame Width 21.6 cm (8.5 in.)