The kit fox is part of the Canidae family and can be found in arid environments from the southwestern United States throughout northern and central Mexico. Kit foxes are the smallest wild member of the family Canidae. Their exceptionally large ears provide enhanced thermoregulation and improved hearing. They are nocturnal, spending most of their days resting while they hunt at night. The kit fox's diet consists of small animals like rats, rabbits, prairie dogs, insects, and lizards. If they get hungry enough, they will consume vegetation like cactus fruits, tomatoes, and will even scavenge carrion occasionally.
- The right auditory bullae displays damage
- Missing the atlas
- The right foot has 3 broken metatarsals
- Skull Length 11.1cm (4.4in)
- Skull Width 5.6cm (2.2in)
- Skull Height 4.4cm (1.7in)