The Lesser Bamboo Bat (Tylonycteris pachypus) is one of the smallest bat species on earth. They are named for their tendency to roost within the stems of bamboo plants. They are strictly insectivorous, feeding primarily on insects from the orders Hymenoptera and Diptera. This species has a flattened skull, which allows them to squeeze through narrow spaces to gain access to their roost.
- Zygomatic arches broken on both sides (see photos)
- Slight damage to the skull (see photos)
- Skull Length 1.2cm (0.5in)
- Skull Width 0.9cm (0.4in)
- Skull Height 0.5cm (0.2in)