The opossum is a marsupial and a member of the Didelphidae family. Opossums are generally solitary and nomadic, staying in one area if food and water resources are plentiful. They have a very interesting defense when they feel threatened - they will play dead and mimick the appearance and odor of a dead or dying animal. The opossum's diet consists mostly of carrion, rodents, birds, and insects, but opossums will eat almost anything and are sometimes referred to as "trash compactors".
- On the right side the glenoid fossa, articular process, and coronoid process have damage and appear deformed
- On the front of the skull near the nasal passages, there are signs of partially-healed damage sustained antemortem
- Skull Length 10.8cm (4.3in)
- Skull Width 5.9cm (2.3in)
- Skull Height 4.5cm (1.8in)