Found solely on the island of Hispaniola, the rhinoceros iguana requires a warm climate and lots of sun. Olive or gray in color, the rhino iguana’s most distinguishing feature are the three horn-like protrusions made of enlarged scales atop their heads. Males are generally bigger than females, and the same goes for their horns. These scaly horns are not known to have any purpose other than potentially aiding in courtship.
- From Owner Jay Villemarette's private collection
- This skeleton is sold as-is with no further cleaning
- Missing teeth
- This skeleton has extra parts
- Skull Length 11.7cm (4.6in)
- Skull Width 7.7cm (3in)
- Skull Height 6.3cm (2.5in)