The Springbok is a bovid native to portions of Southern Africa. Similar to gazelles in appearance, the springbok is the only member of its unique genus, Antidorcas. A highly gregarious species, they once lived in enormous herds called a "trek" or "trekbokken" and are commonly found in South Africa's spacious Highveld and Karoo regions. When a springbok gets excited, especially after a rare rainfall, it is known to perform a special form of jumping dance called "pronking".
- One-of-a-kind real springbok skull
- Skull Length 21 cm (8.3 in.)
- Skull Width 9.5 cm (3.7 in.)
- Skull Height 10.5 cm (4.1 in.)
- Greatest Length 37.5 cm (14.8 in.)