Real Springbok Skull With Mandible
The springbok is a bovid species native to southern Africa. Similar to gazelles in appearance, the springbok is the only member of its unique genus, Antidorcas. Male springbok are larger than females, but both sexes grow black horns that are straight at the base and then curve backward. When springbok get excited - especially after a rare rainfall - they are known to perform a special form of jumping dance called "pronking."
- Neither the horns nor the mandible are attached to the skull
- The teeth exhibit atypical coloration and several incisors are missing
- Greatest Length 38.2 cm (15 in.)
- Greatest Width 19.5 cm (7.7 in.)
- Greatest Height 27 cm (10.6 in.)