The warthog is native to arid regions of central and southern Africa. This gregarious species feed on grasses, fruits, roots, and various invertebrates. The animal gets its name from four wart-like protrusions found on its head. These serve as a fat reserve and are used for defense in addition to the tusks when males fight.
- One-of-a-kind real warthog skull
- Exhibits damage to the back of the skull
- Skull Length 33.5 cm (13.2 in.)
- Greatest Width 31.5 cm (12.4 in.)
- Skull Height 25 cm (9.8 in.)