Real Zebra Skull
The zebra is a member of the horse family Equidae. The zebra's characteristic black and white stripes help aid in camouflage through confusion. When in a herd, thanks to these stripes, predators have a difficult time differentiating between individual zebras and therefore, cannot target an individual. Of the four species of zebra, the plains zebra is the most common. This species is nomadic, traveling many miles each day to find water and land to graze.
- One-of-a-kind real zebra skull
- This specimen has missing and damaged teeth
- The left side of the maxilla is damaged
- Skull Length 46.3 cm (18.2 in.)
- Skull Width 19.5 cm (7.7 in.)
- Skull Height 28.8 cm (11.3 in.)