Real "Centaur" Skeleton
This product ships free to the United States.
It must be the only item in your shopping cart to qualify.
We believe education is the greatest gift osteology can share and that every human specimen can contribute to the advancement of science. These specimens are provided to us by retired physicians, medical researchers, dental professionals, and former university medical programs. We also work with accredited donor programs. A small sample - often antiques that simply do not qualify for medical/research grade usage - are made available to osteology enthusiasts worldwide so that they may continue to educate and inform.
Humans are a species of bipedal primates that have evolved to become the most intelligent and successful species on the planet. Our biology is incredibly complex and allows us to do things that no other species can. Our skeleton is made up of 206 bones that are connected together by ligaments and muscles. Our bones are strong and lightweight, allowing us to move around with ease. Our skeletal system is designed to be flexible and allow us to move in a variety of ways, from walking and running to jumping and climbing. It also provides us with protection from injury and helps to support our body weight. The human skeleton is composed of both hard and soft tissues and is constantly changing to accommodate our needs.
- Sold as-is without further cleaning.
- The stand and foliage are included.
- This composite skeleton is an interpretation of a fictional human-horse hybrid (or "centaur"). It is constructed of real bones.
- The skull contains twenty-eight teeth.
- Greatest Length 142.24 cm (56 in.)
- Greatest Width 40.64 cm (16 in.)
- Greatest Height 152.4 cm (60 in.)