We believe education is the greatest gift osteology can share and that every human specimen can contribute to the advancement of science. These specimens are provided to us by retired physicians, medical researchers, dental professionals, and former university medical programs. We also work with accredited donor programs. A small sample - often antiques that simply do not qualify for medical/research grade usage - are made available to osteology enthusiasts worldwide so that they may continue to educate and inform.
The human foot is a very complex and highly developed structure. The bones of the foot provide mechanical support for the soft tissues, helping the foot withstand the weight of the body. The bones of the foot can be divided into three categories:
- Tarsals – A set of seven irregularly shaped bones. They are situated proximally in the foot, in the ankle area.
- Metatarsals – These bones connect the phalanges to the tarsals. There are five in number – one for each digit.
- Phalanges – The bones of the toes. Each toe has three phalanges – a proximal, intermediate and distal (except the big toe, which only has two phalanges).
- These bones are sold individually. You will receive one single bone.
- The photos shown are examples of what your specimen will approximately look like. Each bone is unique and will vary slightly in size, shape, color, etc.
- 1. Calcaneus
- 2. Talus
- 3. Navicular
- 4. Cuboid
- 5. Lateral Cuneiform
- 6. Intermediate Cuneiform
- 7. Medial Cuneiform
- 8T. Big Toe Distal
- 9. Medial (Single)
- 10. Proximal (Single)
- 10T. Big Toe Proximal
- 11. Metatarsal (Single)
- 11T. Big Toe Metatarsal
- 15T. Complete Big Toe
Great product, great price, great shipping time!
Whatever your looking for. That special piece of someone or a whole new friend . Skulls unlimited has it. Fast shipping great service!