We believe education is the greatest gift osteology can share and that every human specimen can contribute to the advancement of science. These specimens are provided to us by retired physicians, medical researchers, dental professionals, and former university medical programs. We also work with accredited donor programs. A small sample - often antiques that simply do not qualify for medical/research grade usage - are made available to osteology enthusiasts worldwide so that they may continue to educate and inform.
Humans, or Homo sapiens, are characterized by their bipedal locomotion, high manual dexterity, intelligence, and heavy tool use compared to other animals. Modern humans evolved from their early hominid predecessors between 200,000 and 300,000 years ago, with fossils of the earliest members of our species, archaic Homo sapiens, being found exclusively in Africa. The adult human skeletal system consists of 206 bones, including the bones in the skull, but not including teeth.
- One-of-a-kind real human humerus, radius, and ulna of the right arm
- This specimen comes fully articulated
- Sold as-is without further cleaning
- Exhibits bone damage or deterioration
- Exhibits handwritten verbiage
- Arm Length 54.8 cm (21.6 in.)
- Arm Width 5.5 cm (2.2 in.)
- Arm Height 4.5 cm (1.8 in.)