Real Impala Skull
The impala is a herbivorous antelope native to southeastern Africa. This species grazes on a variety of grasses when available, but will switch to browsing when food becomes scarce. The impala is gregarious, forming herds of 50 to 100 individuals, but males will sometimes remain solitary. The impala is well known for its jumping ability, capable of distances up to 30 feet.
- Impala skulls are normally graded by their horns as well as overall quality, therefore a grade "A" skull may be missing a few teeth and still be graded as an "A". Please call with any questions.
- The photos shown are examples of what your specimen will approximately look like. Each impala is unique and will vary slightly in size, shape, color, etc.
- The mandible is not included
- Average Skull Length 26 cm (10.2 in.)
- Average Horn Length 50 cm (19.7 in.)