The springhare is a nocturnal African rodent species that has the unique appearance of a kangaroo-rabbit crossbreed. Their large powerful hind legs enable them to make gigantic leaps, their long tail enhances their balance, and their small forelimbs have sharp claws used for digging. Native to desert regions of southern Africa, the springhare burrows to escape the daytime heat.
- This skull exhibits damage to bone in some spots on palate; please see photos
- Let zygomatic arch is broken
- Skull Length 8.6cm (3.4in)
- Skull Width 5.5cm (2.2in)
- Skull Height 6.4cm (2.5in)