Real Uinta Ground Squirrel Skull
The Uinta ground squirrel is a small, diurnal rodent species native to the western United States. They primarily inhabit montane and alpine meadows, where they are herbivorous, feeding on a diet of grasses, seeds, and other plant materials. Uinta Ground Squirrels are known for their hibernation during the winter months, during which they retreat to their burrows and enter a state of torpor. They play a role in their ecosystems by dispersing seeds and serving as prey for a variety of predators, including birds of prey and snakes.
- Limited quantity available
- The photos shown are examples of what your specimen will approximately look like. Each skull is unique and will vary in size, shape, color, etc.
- These specimens come from the personal collection of Skulls Unlimited's owner, Jay Villemarette
- Exhibits handwritten verbiage on both the cranium and mandible
- Average Skull Length 4.3 cm (1.7 in.)
- Average Skull Width 2.7 cm (1.1 in.)
- Average Skull Height 2 cm (0.8 in.)