Real Sable Antelope Skull Plate
The sable antelope is part of the Bovidae family and inhabits the wooded savanna in East and Southern Africa. The male and females both have horns so they are sexually dimorphic. The females are typically shorter than the males. They live on average for about 19 years in the wild. Their diet consists of grass and leaves but also visit salt or mineral licks which is a place where salt and/or mineral naturally occur in the wild. They are herd animals, sometimes ranging from 10 to 30 females and one male called a bull.
- This versatile specimen can be utilized as either a fascinating tabletop display or a decorative wall hanging. It does not have a built-in hanger so if you would like to hang it on the wall, a hanger will have to be added.
- Exhibits handwritten verbiage
- This vintage specimen was sourced from a private collection. It is being sold as-is without further cleaning.
- The horns are not removable
- Horn Length Along the Curve 88.9 cm (35 in.)
- Greatest Width 27.2 cm (10.7 in.)
- Total Length, Straight Across 73 cm (28.7 in.)