Real Chinese Water Deer Skull
Chinese water deer are native to eastern China and are more similar to a musk deer than a true deer. They are often referred to as the vampire deer because of the two prominent canines or "tusks" that jut out of the upper jaw. The water deer are able to move their elongated canines with their facial muscles, allowing them to eat or drink more easily. The Chinese water deer are highly territorial, solitary animals. During the rutting season in December, males will fight aggressively for territory, using their tusks as a weapon.
- The photos shown are examples of what your specimen will approximately look like. Each skull is unique and will vary slightly in size, shape, color, etc.
- Limited quantity available
- Average Skull Length 17 cm (6.7 in.)
- Average Skull Width 7 cm (2.8 in.)
- Average Skull Height 7.5 cm (3 in.)