Real Domestic Dog Skull - Periodontal
Original price $84.00 - Original price $123.00
Original price $84.00
$84.00 - $123.00
Current price $84.00
The domestic dog is believed to be a direct descendent from modern wolves. Dogs have been bred as pets for thousands of years with the earliest known domestication taking place as long as 12,000 years ago. Today, dogs serve man in many ways: as guides, search and rescue, for hunting purposes, to sniff out drugs or other contraband, and even to track criminals. There are over 400 recognized breeds ranging from Chihuahua as the smallest example to the Irish wolfhound as the largest.
Periodontal diseases are a group of diseases that affect the tissues that support and anchor the teeth. Left untreated, periodontal disease results in the destruction of the gums, alveolar bone (the part of the jaws where the teeth arise) and the outer layer of the tooth root.
- Real domestic dog skull with periodontal disease
- Limited quantity item
- The photo shown is an example of what your specimen will approximately look like. Each dog skull is unique and will vary slightly in size, shape, color, severity of the dental disease, etc.
- Small-sized dog skulls are typically from specimens under 25 pounds (11.3 kg)
- Large-sized dog skulls are typically from specimens over 25 pounds (11.3 kg)
- Please call before ordering if you need a specific size